dog-licking-lips

Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets

Accidents happen, and sometimes your pet might get into food or other substances that they should not ingest. If that happens, call our veterinarian office ASAP. Your animals should not be fed any of the following foods:

Alcohol

Chocolate. Note that darker chocolate is more dangerous than milk chocolate.

Coffee

Caffeine

Citrus (specifically the stems, leaves, peels, and seeds)

Coconut and coconut oil

Grapes and raisins

Macadamia nuts

Milk and dairy

Nuts

Onions, garlic, chives

Raw/uncooked meat, eggs, and bones

Salt and salty snack foods

Xylitol (sweetener found in many gums, candies, and baked goods)

Yeast dough

After eating these foods, your pet might just have a minor stomach ache. In enough quantities, or with the wrong food, your pet could have the following symptoms: vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, elevated body temperature, seizures, and even death. That is why you should call us as soon as you believe your pet has eaten one of these foods so we can assess the situation. Try and evaluate how much of the food your pet has eaten so we can diagnose them properly.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *