K Laser Therapy
McLean Animal Hospital is excited to offer our clients K Laser Therapy. K-Laser Class IV therapeutic lasers deliver specific red and near-infrared wavelengths of laser light to induce a photochemical reaction and therapeutic effect. Physiological effects include increased circulation, reduced inflammation, pain reduction and enhanced tissue healing. Laser therapy has been used in Europe since the 1970s and was cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2005.
Applications for laser thearpy include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (sprains, strains, and stiffness)
- Post-surgery pain (spays, neuters, declaws, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hotspots, lick granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures (stomatitis, extractions)
- Fractures and wounds (bites, abrasions, burns, and lesions)
- Ear infections & inflammation
During each painless treatment, laser energy increases circulation, drawing water, oxygen, and nutrients to the damaged area. This creates an optimal healing environment that reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain. As the injured area returns to normal, function is restored and pain is relieved.