Date: March 31, 2023
Hello, pet lovers and friends of McLean Animal Hospital! As we bid farewell to the month of March, we wanted to share some highlights from our clinic and provide some helpful tips to keep your pets happy and healthy this spring.
March also brought the first signs of spring, and with it, a renewed focus on preventative care for our furry friends. Here are some key springtime pet care tips to keep in mind as the weather warms up:
- Flea, Tick, and Heartworm Prevention: Spring is the perfect time to ensure your pets are up-to-date on their flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives. These parasites become more active in warmer weather, so make sure to consult with your veterinarian about the best preventative measures for your pet.
- Allergies: Just like humans, pets can suffer from seasonal allergies. If your pet is itching, sneezing, or showing signs of skin irritation, schedule an appointment with your veterinarian to discuss possible allergies and treatment options.
- Grooming: Spring shedding is a reality for many pets, so regular grooming is essential to keep their coats healthy and free of mats. Make sure to brush your pet regularly and consider a professional grooming session to help them look and feel their best.
- Outdoor Safety: As you and your pets spend more time outside, remember to be vigilant about their safety. Always have fresh water available, provide shade on hot days, and watch out for potential hazards, such as toxic plants and standing water.
- Exercise and Weight Management: With the arrival of warmer weather, it’s a great time to help your pet shed any extra winter weight. Take advantage of the pleasant temperatures to engage in outdoor activities, such as walks, hikes, or games of fetch, to keep your pet active and healthy.
We hope these tips help you and your pets enjoy a fantastic spring season. As always, the team at McLean Animal Hospital is here to support you with any questions or concerns about your pet’s health. Feel free to reach out to us or schedule an appointment for a spring wellness checkup.
Wishing you and your pets a beautiful and healthy spring from all of us at McLean Animal Hospital!