Virginia is a great state for pet-lovers, as it offers a wide range of pet-friendly attractions and destinations. Whether you are looking for scenic hikes, beautiful beaches, or bustling cities, Virginia has something for everyone – including your furry friend. Here are some of the best pet-friendly places to visit in Virginia:
- Shenandoah National Park. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah National Park is a paradise for outdoor enthusiasts and their pets. The park offers over 500 miles of hiking trails, including the popular Appalachian Trail. Pets are allowed on most of the trails, as long as they are leashed and under control.
- Virginia Beach. Virginia Beach is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike, and it’s also a great place to bring your pet. The beach allows dogs on the sand before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. from May 15 to September 15. During the rest of the year, dogs are allowed on the beach at all times.
- Old Town Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria is a charming and historic district located just outside of Washington, D.C. It’s a great place to explore with your pet, as many of the shops, restaurants, and cafes are pet-friendly. The area also offers plenty of green spaces for your pet to play and explore.
- Chincoteague Island. Chincoteague Island is a small island located off the coast of Virginia. It’s a great destination for pet-friendly beaches, as dogs are allowed on the beach year-round. The island also offers plenty of outdoor activities, such as hiking and birdwatching, that you and your pet can enjoy together.
- Abingdon. Located in southwestern Virginia, Abingdon is a small town with a rich history and plenty of pet-friendly attractions. The town offers a variety of hiking and biking trails, as well as a beautiful park where pets are allowed. The town also has several pet-friendly restaurants and shops, making it a great place to visit with your furry friend.
Overall, Virginia offers a wide range of pet-friendly attractions and destinations that you and your pet can enjoy together. Whether you are looking for outdoor adventures, historic sites, or relaxing beaches, Virginia has something for everyone – including your pet.